The Laxachusetts Minutemen youth lacrosse club was built to raise dramatically skill levels, as well as what we have termed, "Lacrosse IQ". Through such an approach, we have rapidly closed the performance gap between select Massachusetts players and those from the hotbed lacrosse regions such as Long Island, Maryland, Eastern Pennsylvania and Upstate New York.
“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”
–Tim Notke, high school basketball coach
Now entering our 12th year, the growth of our program has been demonstrated by the success that our players have consistently shown as they play through our program, eventually reaching top college lacrosse teams.
While we compete with the top club programs in the country (in every grade we offer), Laxachusetts has consistently beaten these programs regarding the total number of college "commits" per class. From 2012-2016, we have averaged 60 recruited college players from each graduating class.
Currently, the Laxachusetts program has 65+ well-respected coaches on our staff, representing the following schools and community youth lacrosse programs:
• Dean College
• Babson College
• Assumption College
• Providence College
• Milton Academy
• Thayer Academy
• Noble and Greenough
• The Governor’s Academy
• St Sebastian’s
• Boston College High School
• Catholic Memorial High School
• Xaverian Brothers High School
• Arch Bishop Williams High School
• Moses Brown School
• Saint Georges School
• Medfield High School
• Foxboro High School
• Hull High School
• Cohasset High School
• Scituate High School
• Concord-Carlisle High School
• Waltham High School
• Billerica High School
• Hingham Youth Lacrosse
• Hull Youth Lacrosse
• Norwell Youth Lacrosse
• Duxbury Youth Lacrosse
• Lincoln-Sudbury Youth Lacrosse
• Plymouth Youth Lacrosse
• Cohasset Youth Lacrosse
• Waltham Youth Lacrosse
• Billerica Youth Lacrosse
• Barnstable Youth Lacrosse
• Foxboro Youth Lacrosse
• Natick Youth Lacrosse
• Scituate Youth Lacrosse
As incredibly talented former players themselves, our coaching staff remains tightly connected to the coaches that drew out their talents. These relationships have given our players open access and direct exposure to lacrosse experts, including college coaches. This type of exposure is not often possible in programs sponsored by communities, high schools and other club programs, where staffing remains limited.
Our Program Offerings:
- We hold positional nights in addition to our 16 weeks of skill training. We hold these skill sessions in facilities located in Danvers, Sudbury, Marlborough, Norfolk, Canton, Hingham, Hanover, and Pembroke. (We are constantly on the lookout for locations that best meet the needs of your busy family.)
- We recently launched a Spring League/Skills Program where we teach our players how to play the game in a very structured environment and with plenty individual attention.
- During the Spring Program, we only compete against teams within Laxachusetts. By doing so, we guarantee high-level, competitive play each week – which allows us to provide more teaching moments. A winning score becomes secondary to honing skills and boosting a player's Lacrosse IQ.
- To create a habit of independent practice, we have created the“Wall Ball Challenge”. Players must complete six, timed exercises, where they reach a targeted number of repetitions – throwing and catching a lacrosse ball as it bounces off a hard vertical surface. Upon completion (documented by a player or friend's Smart Phone video camera), players are rewarded with a custom Laxachusetts Cascade R helmet.
- To improve shooting and finishing, we hold “Shooting Nights” during our 16-weeks skills sessions. Where most programs lack the time for such exercises, our players have the opportunity to shoot 500-600 times during each session.
- We also have 15 weeks of face-off specialization (FOGO) training
- While we are committed to providing every opportunity for our players to improve all aspects of “their game.”
- During the summer, we attend the best lacrosse tournaments in the country. For our Youth teams (grades 3-8), experience early exposure to other top programs. We feel the earlier our players see this level of competition, the better. We attend the High School events that attract the best club programs, which ultimately attract the largest number of college coaches.
Other Key Points:
- We teach our players that maintaining a strong character and achieving consistent classroom success must remain their top priorities. C grades are not going to cut it. A's, and B's are an absolute must!
- We wholeheartedly support multi-sport athletes. Many Laxachusetts players also play football, hockey, basketball, etc. Also encouraged are other forms of extracurricular opportunities.
- Our program has been designed so that players can attend as many or as few skills, position-specific, and shooting nights as their schedule will allow. There is no punishment or reduced playing time due to missed sessions. We do ask absent players to spend 10-15 minutes at home on the wall (after homework is complete, of course).
- We realize that our intensity, level of play, and expectation for college play is not for everyone. We are looking for athletes that want to train with and compete against the best lacrosse players in this region – and beyond.
- Players are expected to work hard, whether in a structured team event or independently.
- If your child has a passion for the game, the competitive drive to continuously improve, and the desire to play lacrosse at the collegiate level, Laxachusetts is your best choice – for this is also our primary goal.
We also welcome the opportunity to answer any questions that you may have!
Click here and send an email to Dan Chouinard, Program Director Laxachusetts Minutemen.
Please note: Good Sport is committed to providing our communities with information passed to us through many local youth sports. We do not wish to offer any opinions or endorsements. Our goal is to relay information to your family, as youth sports decisions are being discussed.
Youth Sports Organizations.If you would like us to provide information regarding your program, please feel free to send us an email. We would be happy to spread your good words!